Construction Site Injury Lawyer In NYC
There are few work environments less forgiving than a construction site. Every day workers show up to the job site and face the potential of an accident that could result in serious injury, disability, or death. At The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny, our NYC unsafe equipment attorneys understand the everyday dangers you face working with heavy machinery, power tools, and potentially faulty equipment. Founder Richard M. Kenny is a former construction worker and union member who now represents victims who have been harmed due to dangerous working conditions and faulty equipment. If you’ve been injured we invite you to speak with one of our top-rated accident attorneys to learn more about your legal options, call (212) 421-0300 or complete the contact form below to schedule a free consultation.
The following are examples of unsafe conditions that can lead to serious injury or death on constructions sites:
- Lack of fall protection: Failure to install guardrails, covers, harnesses, and other types of fall protection exposes workers to fall injuries.
- Lack of overhead protection: Without hard hats, netting, covered walkways, or other protection, workers, and pedestrians on the ground can be struck by objects or debris dropped from above.
- Unsafe scaffolding: Defective or unsecured scaffolding can lead to falls from elevated structures.
- Unsafe ladders: Failure to secure ladders and instruct workers on their safe use can lead to falls.
- Unsafe trenches: Failure to properly slope trench walls or shore up the sides of trenches can expose workers to cave-ins.
- Exposed wiring: Improper wiring or digging in areas with underground electrical cables can lead to worker electrocution.
- Heavy equipment: There is no room for negligence when operating heavy equipment in close proximity to workers.
- Unsafe tools: Defective nail guns, cutters, and other tools can result in devastating injuries to the workers who use them.
- Hazardous materials: Hazardous materials can have long-term health effects.
An investigation of a construction accident is a search for the truth. Here are examples of the questions we will seek to answer:
- Does the job site contain violations of OSHA work safety rules?
- Does the employer have a history of OSHA complaints?
- Do conditions at the site violate New York safety laws?
Contact A NYC Unsafe Equipment Lawyer For A Free Consultation
If you or a family member was injured due to unsafe conditions or equipment at a construction site in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or greater New York City, the accident attorneys at The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny are prepared to aggressively fight for your right to fair compensation. We’ve been representing injured construction workers (including undocumented workers) throughout New York City for over twenty-five years. Call (212) 421-0300 or complete the contact form below to discuss your claim with a Manhattan unsafe equipment lawyer today.