Schedule a FREE lawyer consultation TODAY! (212) 421-0300.
We’ll win your injury case, or it’s free.
We have over 180 5-star reviews on Google
We’ve prepared over 1,000 cases for trial.

New York City Undocumented Worker Lawyer

Contact Us

Undocumented Worker Rights Lawyer in NYC

Thousands of undocumented workers suffer serious injuries each year at construction sites in the United States. Unfortunately, many workers don’t seek the medical care and compensation they need, either because they are afraid of being fired or they don’t think they are eligible.

At The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny in Manhattan, our lawyers represent foreign nationals, including undocumented workers, who suffer on-the-job injuries in the New York City area. If you or someone you love has been injured at a construction site, we offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions.

Am I Eligible for Workers’ Compensation?

As long as you are injured on the job, you are entitled to benefits from New York workers’ compensation. Those benefits include past and future medical care for your injury and lost wage benefits.

Can I Sue My Employer if I Am Not a U.S. Citizen?

You don’t have to be a U.S. citizen to take advantage of our civil justice system. If your injury was caused by the negligence of your employer or someone else, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.

In exchange for providing workers’ compensation benefits, employers are generally protected from being sued by employees. There are exceptions, however. For example, if your employer willfully violated OSHA safety regulations, you would have the right to sue.

Can My Employer Fire Me for Reporting a Work Injury?

New York is an employment-at-will state, and your employer can fire you at any time and for almost any reason. However, it is illegal for your employer to fire you for reporting a work injury or filing a workers’ compensation claim.

Following a work injury, your primary concern should be obtaining the medical care you need to get better. Your employer may decide to fire you even if you do not report the injury. In that case, you could lose both your job and your health.

Will I Be Deported for Filing an Injury Claim?

No attorney can promise that you won’t be deported in the future. However, you will not be deported because you filed a workers’ compensation claim.

Contact Us For A Free Case Review

Contact Our Undocumented Worker Injury Attorneys

If you were injured while working at a construction site in the New York City area, let us help. Our law firm has recovered more than $100 million for our clients. Call (212) 421-0300 or request a free case evaluation online.

Recent Blog Posts


Top Ten Award 2019


Whether you need a Bronx car accident lawyer, birth injury lawyer, construction accident lawyer or legal representation for any type of accident, the NYC personal injury lawyers at The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny can help. Located in New York City, we've helped hundreds of individuals throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn (Kings County), Manhattan, Queens and Nassau County recover the compensation they need to receive proper medical care, treatment and quality of life after serious injury.


If you've been injured due to the negligence or wrong-doing of another, we can provide you and your loved ones with the legal support needed to ensure proper medical attention, long-term treatment and fair, reasonable financial compensation is received for your injury. The initial consultation is always free. For immediate assistance, call (212) 421-0300.


34 St. - Herald Sq (0.13 mi)
St. - Penn Station (0.17 mi)
34 St. - Penn Station (0.35 mi)