There is no room for carelessness when operating a machine weighing upward of 80,000 pounds in close proximity with workers. Heavy machinery accidents result in hundreds of serious injuries and deaths at New York construction sites each year.
At The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny in Manhattan, our lawyers represent construction workers who are injured in accidents involving equipment such as trucks, excavators, cranes, backhoes, compactors and conveyor systems. If you or a family member has been injured on a construction site in the New York City area, call (646) 808-3785 for a free consultation.
Our lawyers represent
undocumented workers and foreign nationals who are injured while working on construction projects in New York.
Understanding Your Legal Options
Workers’ compensation provides basic medical care and wage-loss benefits to workers who are injured on the job. However, workers’ compensation alone will not be enough to protect your family from financial hardship if you suffer a serious injury.
In New York, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the person who was responsible for your injury. Here are some examples of safety violations that could make your employer or someone else responsible:
- Operating equipment with defective brakes, headlights and tail lights, horn.
- Operating equipment without an intact windshield
- Failure to train operators on the equipment they use
- Failure to inspect equipment at the beginning of each shift to ensure it is in safe working condition
- Operating a vehicle in reverse without a clear line of vision or an audible alarm
- Operating equipment without roll-over protection
- Operating equipment that has been modified to carry a heavier load
- Operating equipment with modified or removed safety features
Our lawyers will review the circumstances of your accident and build the strongest possible case against the negligent party. We have recovered more than
$100 million in damages for injured people and their families.
Contact Our New York Heavy Equipment Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in an accident involving heavy machinery, or if a family member was killed, let us help. Attorney Richard M. Kenny became a lawyer so he could help injured workers recover the full compensation they are due for on-the-job injuries.
Call (646) 808-3785 or request a free case evaluation