Top-Rated Manhattan Injury Lawyers
Nobody ever expects it, but accidents happen all the time. This is especially true in a place like New York City, where more than eight million people live and work side by side each day.
The effects of a serious accident can last a lifetime, with injuries that may be physically and financially devastating. In addition to steep medical bills and other unforeseen expenses, these injuries may limit victims’ ability to work, making it difficult or nearly impossible for them to provide for themselves and those who depend on them.
Fortunately, if you have been hurt because of someone else’s thoughtlessness, The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny can help. Richard has been representing injured people in New York City since 1990, fiercely advocating for them in hundreds of trials throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. He and his team of veteran personal injury lawyers have obtained more than $350 Million in compensation for their clients.
You may have a limited amount of time to take action in the event of an accidental injury, so it is important to learn what you need to do to protect yourself and your family as soon as possible. Our Manhattan personal injury lawyers are available to speak with you free of charge about your legal options. We will listen to the facts surrounding your injury, answer any questions you may have, and provide you with the next steps afforded to you under the law in the State of New York.
Please complete our case evaluation form below or call (212) 421-0300 to request a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Our firm has successfully represented clients who have been injured in a wide range of circumstances. No two cases are the same, but there is a good chance that we have litigated a case that is very much like yours. We have handled most of the common types of personal injury claims in New York, including:
- Car Accidents – If you have ever driven in New York City, you know how bad the traffic can be. In fact, New York is the fourth most congested city in the United States, with commuters spending an average of 140 hours in traffic annually – nearly a week per year! With so much time on the road, collisions are inevitable. Our firm can help you get fairly compensated when you get hurt in a car accident.
- Truck Accidents – Even at low speeds, large commercial trucks can inflict catastrophic injuries. We will go after all of the parties who may be responsible for your truck accident so that you can receive the treatment you need to become whole again.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Riding a motorcycle can be exciting, but it can also be dangerous, especially in New York City. The fatal crash rate for motorcycle accidents in the city is nearly twice the rate in the rest of the state, and significantly higher than the fatality rate nationwide. Even if you survive a motorcycle accident, you might benefit from having one of our accomplished injury lawyers on your side to see that you receive the compensation you are owed.
- Construction Accidents — New York’s architecture is the envy of the world. But that magnificent skyline comes at a heavy cost. The private construction industry has the greatest number of deadly work injuries of any employment sector in New York City, with 22 deaths in 2021 alone. The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny is a staunch advocate for our hard-working construction workers who are injured throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx.
- Premises Liability and Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Property owners in New York have a duty to maintain their premises so as not to harm lawful visitors. Whether you’re at the office or in school, in a nightclub or at a sporting event, you deserve to be safe wherever you go. If you have been injured because of defective conditions on a property, please contact our firm. We can conduct a full assessment of any potential legal recourse against those who may be at fault.
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks – New York law can make full financial recovery difficult for victims of dog bites and animal attacks. We have the expertise needed to prepare a solid claim of negligence against the owner of the animal who attacked you if the facts support it.
- Product Liability – You buy products to make life better, but defective products can make life so much worse when they hurt you or your family. Our product liability attorneys can help you obtain compensation from the manufacturers, retailers, or distributors who may be responsible for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice – Health professionals should be held accountable if their negligent actions harm those in their care, whether through needless surgical mistakes, medication errors, or preventable birth injuries. The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny is committed to protecting patients of all ages who have been the victims of medical malpractice.
- Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse – We count on nursing homes to protect our family members so they can enjoy their golden years in peace. If you suspect that your loved one is being mistreated by a staff member or another resident at a nursing facility or rehabilitation center, speak with our nursing home abuse attorneys immediately.
No matter how you have been injured, The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny is here for you in your time of need. Contact us today to talk to a knowledgeable attorney about your personal injury case.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
In the aftermath of an accident, it can be difficult to know what to do next. You may be seriously hurt. You may even be unable to work because of your injuries. How do you make ends meet, much less cover the mounting medical bills and out-of-pocket costs you never anticipated? Should you listen to the advice you’re getting from friends and family members? Should you take that offer from the insurance company? How should you deal with a crisis created by someone else’s carelessness when all you want to do is get back to normal?
This is where we can help. The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny has been fighting for personal injury victims for more than two decades. This may be the first time you have been confronted with a major accident, but it is not ours. We will protect your legal rights and work to get you what you deserve.
After you retain our firm, we will immediately launch an investigation to identify everyone who may be responsible for your accident and pursue them within the time permitted by law. This is known as the Statute of Limitations, and it can be much shorter in cases against the government in New York State. It is important to have a personal injury attorney who can take action as soon as possible after an accident because failure to do so could forever bar you be obtaining full compensation.
Once we have initiated claims against all those who are at fault, we will gather the evidence necessary to build the strongest case we can. Keep in mind that not all personal injury claims end up in a courtroom. Most often, we will try to negotiate a fair settlement for you with the liable parties and their insurance companies.
Here is when a skilled personal injury attorney can be indispensable. Insurance companies may count on your inexperience to settle your case for far less than it it is worth. We won’t let them. We will always work for a settlement that reflects the totality of your losses. If we cannot reach an agreement that we think is reasonable under the circumstances, we will file a lawsuit against the at-fault parties and take the case to trial if necessary.
Personal injury litigation can be a massive undertaking. It is all too easy to make a mistake that could sink your case before it even begins. The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny can take the burden off your shoulders. Let us focus on managing your legal interests so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive?
Every personal injury case is different. How much you receive may depend upon a number of factors, including the circumstances leading up to your accident, the assets and insurance coverage of the responsible parties, and the extent of your losses. Damages for which you might seek compensation in a personal injury claim typically include:
- Medical bills – You could recoup the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medications, therapy, assistive devices, and past, present, and future treatment related to your accident.
- Wage loss – You may be able to recover the wages you lost because you were unable to work following your accident. Depending on the permanency of your injuries, you might also receive compensation for any impact on your long-term earning potential.
- Pain and suffering – This may include physical discomfort, emotional distress, psychological anguish, and other impairments to your quality of life because of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium – New York law permits the spouse of an injured person to recover financially for the deprivation of the benefits of an intimate relationship.
- Punitive damages – When the behavior of a Defendant is so reckless that it rises to the level of “willful or wanton negligence” or a “high degree of moral turpitude,” the courts may permit additional monetary damages to discourage similar misconduct from others.
Rest assured that our personal injury attorneys will strive to get you compensated for the entirety of your losses.
Contact Us For A Free Case Review
What Will It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury?
The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny works on a contingency fee basis. This means it costs you nothing up front to retain our personal injury attorneys. Only when we successfully resolve your case will we take a fee for our services in the form of a percentage of your verdict or settlement, along with any expenses we have incurred. This mutually beneficial arrangement eliminates any additional expenses at a time when you may be least able to afford them.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED MANHATTAN INJURY LAWYER FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
With decades of legal experience, the dedicated lawyers at The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny are here to answer any questions you may have about personal injury claims and lawsuits. We stand ready to vigorously defend your rights and guide you through an often complex process on your journey to obtain the justice you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation with an award-winning Manhattan accident lawyer today, please complete our case evaluation form below. For immediate legal assistance, call (212) 421-0300.