An estimated 6 million car accidents occur every year. In 2009, more than 2.3 million drivers and passengers went to the emergency room with injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents, and recovery from these injuries has an economic impact of roughly $70 billion per year. If you have suffered an injury during an accident that was caused by someone else, you may have a valid personal injury claim. Car accident attorney from the Bronx, Richard M. Kenny, can analyze your case and help you obtain compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you can prove that your injuries were caused by another driver’s negligence, you have a good chance of winning your personal injury claim. Here are a few common types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Passenger Vehicle Accidents: Most accidents occur between two passenger vehicles. Recreational boating accidents also occur in the waters surrounding New York.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents: People who drive buses, trucks, or other commercial vehicles for a living spend more time on the road than most people, and are thus more likely get into accidents.
- Pedestrian/Bike Accidents: Pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists are much more vulnerable to injuries than drivers of passenger vehicles.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Distracted or reckless drivers can cause a wide range of injuries. If you get into a motor vehicle accident, you could suffer one of the following injuries.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head makes sudden movements during an impact, causing damage to the neck. Whiplash may not present symptoms until a few days after the accident.
- Head Injury: During an accident, one’s head could hit the steering wheel, side window, or windshield. A head injury could lead to brain damage, which could in turn lead to years of medical bills and ongoing care.
- Broken Limb: Some people suffer broken limbs or other internal injuries during auto accidents. Such injuries can lead to high medical bills and several months of missed work.
Benefits of Hiring A Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney in NY
If you don’t think you should be responsible for covering the expenses associated with your injuries, consider hiring NYC personal injury attorney Richard M. Kenny. Mr. Kenny can analyze the circumstances behind your injuries, determine whether you have a valid case, and help you file a claim. Mr. Kenny can also negotiate for a high settlement or argue on your behalf should the case go to court. With the Law Office of Richard M. Kenny on your side, you’ll have a much higher chance of obtaining the compensation you need to live a reasonably comfortable life after your accident.
If you’ve been in
an auto accident that has caused you serious injury through no fault of your own, there is no need to face the complexity of issues without strong legal representation from our Bronx personal injury lawyers. The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny understands how overwhelming an accident can be for both you and your family. We provide caring comprehensive legal representation that protects your rights and can get you the justice you deserve.
We provide representation in a wide variety of motor vehicle accidents including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Single vehicle collisions
- Uninsured motorist
- Underinsured motorist
- Automobile defect claim
In addition to the physical pain of injury, a severe car accident can bring a mountain of financial problems to you and your loved ones. Let the Law Office of Richard M. Kenny vigorously defend your rights and your future. Contact us at (212) 804-7375 for a free consultation with one of our Bronx personal injury attorneys.