The Fourth of July is right around the corner, and if you are gearing up to have friends and family over for a fireworks display, you are most likely very excited. However, our experienced firm has compiled a short checklist that you should read to help ensure the safety of you and your guests. Please continue reading to learn more.
Key Firework Safety Tips
- Always keep a garden hose and fire extinguisher on standby, as you must prepare for the worst.
- If you are about to start setting fireworks off, ensure you are wearing protective glasses.
- When fireworks do not initially combust after being lighted, do not try and light them again. This is the cause of many serious burn injuries every year.
- Never set fireworks off if you are in close proximity to others. You must always ensure others are a safe distance away before starting.
- To start, you mustn’t purchase fireworks if they are illegal in your area.
- Children should never be left alone with fireworks. Fireworks are exclusively for responsible adults.
- Never let your pets outside during the fireworks show. Fireworks are known to startle pets and cause them to behave erratically.
- Once a firework has gone off, douse it in cool water and wait a good amount of time before throwing it into the garbage, as failing to do so may start a fire.
What to do After Sustaining an Injury in a Fireworks Accident
If you are injured in a fireworks accident to due another party’s negligence, the first thing you should do is to seek immediate medical treatment. After you have done so, you should reach out to an experienced New York City personal injury attorney who can gather and present all the evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof, such as medical documents, witness statements, pictures or videos of the accident, and more. Finally, you must ensure you file your premises liability claim within the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations in New York is, generally, three years, so you must not wait any longer than three years from the date of your accident to pursue compensation. If you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. Our firm is here to help. All you have to do is ask.
Contact Us For A Free Case Review
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.