There is nothing worse than sustaining an injury due to the negligence of another party. That being said, if you were recently injured in a slip and fall accident and you are pursuing a premises liability claim, one of the most important things you can do is refrain from posting on social media until your claim is resolved. Please continue reading and contact our experienced Manhattan personal injury attorney to learn more about why you should avoid social media and how our firm can help fight for the compensation you need. Here are some of the questions you may have:
Why should I cease posting on social media after filing a premises liability claim?
When someone is injured in an accident and they file a personal injury claim, it is paramount that they understand there is a very good chance that the negligent party’s insurance company will monitor their social media accounts. This is because they are looking to see if you post anything that may potentially contradict your claim. For example, if you state that you broke your leg and are unable to walk due to your slip and fall, yet you post a video of you dancing in a club sometime after the injury, the insurance company may use that post as evidence to prove that you are lying about your injuries. Furthermore, even the most innocuous of posts can be taken out of context in an effort to deny you the compensation you truly need to deserve and heal, which is why, if possible, you should refrain from posting on social media until your claim is resolved.
What else can I do to boost my chances of winning a personal injury claim in Manhattan?
After an accident, there are several steps you can take to document the incident and begin building your claim. For example, you should do the following:
- Notify the property owner.
- Take pictures of the unsafe condition that caused you to slip and fall.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Seek immediate medical treatment and obtain documentation from your doctor concerning your injuries.
- Obtain a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Retain the services of an experienced Manhattan personal injury attorney who can work to uncover all additional evidence needed to prove your claim, such as surveillance footage of your accident.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.