Of course, most of us do not see supermarkets as particularly dangerous, however, with more and more of us frequenting supermarkets amid the recent virus outbreak, the chances of an accident occurring increase. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced New York personal injury attorneys to learn more about what you should do after being wrongly injured in a supermarket accident.
What should I do if I have been injured in a supermarket accident?
Supermarket accidents can happen for various reasons, though generally, they are caused by negligence, such as spills left unattended, causing serious slip and fall accidents. However, you should note that since oftentimes, supermarkets are large businesses, and they will generally hire an aggressive legal team to combat your claim, which is why you must do the same. We are ready to fight for your rights. After an accident, there are several things you can do to maximize your chances of winning a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- The first thing you should do is notify the store manager and call for help. The store manager/owner should write up an accident report detailing the cause and result of your injuries.
- Call 911, as the police and an ambulance will come to the scene of the accident to transport you to a hospital for treatment.
- While you await their arrival, ensure you take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident, as store management or employees may try and clear those safety hazards away before the police arrive.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information so they may provide witness testimony later on.
- Once you are treated at the hospital, ask your doctor for any medical documents pertaining to your personal injury.
- Hire a knowledgeable New York City personal injury attorney who knows how to satisfy the burden of proof and win you the compensation you deserve and need. Ensure you do so within three years of the date of your accident, in accordance with New York’s statute of limitations. If you wait too long, you will generally be barred from suing.
- Refrain from posting on social media until your claim is resolved. Insurance companies may monitor your accounts to see if you post anything suspect that they may use against you to deny you the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.