There are few things more devastating than truck accidents. Our economy depends on truckers to deliver goods on time, all the time. Because of this, truck drivers work long hours and face great pressure from their companies to make every stop on time. Unfortunately, this often causes serious accidents that have long-lasting effects. If you are someone who has recently been injured in a truck accident, you should continue reading and reach out to our experienced New York personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the legal process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after being injured in a truck accident?
Truck accidents are extremely frightening, and people frequently sustain very serious injuries in them. That being said, as long as you are physically capable, you should try and do the following to bolster your chances of winning a future personal injury claim:
- First, call the police. They will also send an ambulance to transport you to a hospital for treatment.
- Ask the truck driver for his insurance information.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle, the truck, and any property.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim in the future.
- After receiving medical treatment, ask your doctor for any documentation regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable New York personal injury attorney who knows how to satisfy the burden of proof.
- After filing your claim, stay away from social media as much as possible. If you post something that even remotely contradicts your claim, the insurance companies may use it against you to deny you the compensation you truly need.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York State?
The statute of limitations is the timeframe by which the wrongly injured must take legal action. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York State is three years, which means you will have three years from the date of your accident to sue. Do not wait any longer than the statute of limitations, for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf.
Contact Us For A Free Case Review
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.