As you know, when someone is wrongly injured, they will often seek financial compensation to help them heal. The first part of the claims process is scheduling and attending your initial consultation with a personal injury attorney. Please continue reading and speak with our New York City personal injury attorney to learn more about initial consultations, how to prepare for one, and how our firm can help you through every step of the legal process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How can I prepare for my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
Preparing for your initial consultation with our firm is critical, as the more information you bring, the quicker we can work to assess the entirety of your claim and develop a solid case going forward. Some of this information is as follows:
- Medical documents regarding the extent of your injuries.
- Medical bills associated with your injuries.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene.
- Witness statements/contact information corroborating your claim.
- A record of any correspondence that you have had with the other party and/or their insurance company.
- If injured in an auto accident, bring pictures of any damage to your vehicle or the other motorist’s vehicle, as well as yours and the other motorist’s insurance information.
- If injured on someone else’s property, bring pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
How long can I wait to schedule an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney in New York State?
If you are injured in an accident in New York, you may wish to wait and see if your injuries get better on their own without having to sue. However, you should understand that it is critical you do not wait too long to schedule your initial consultation with our firm, for if you do, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently time-barred from suing. This is because there is a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims in New York State. The statute of limitations in NYS is, generally, three years, giving you, generally, three years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible for your injuries. Give us a call and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today. We are here to help.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 866-749-7815 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.