There are few things worse than being seriously injured in an accident. Fortunately, with the help of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney, you may be compensated for those injuries so you can heal. The first step of the process is your initial consultation with our firm. Please read on and reach out to our firm to learn more about what to bring, what questions you will be asked, and more. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I bring to my meeting?
The purpose of your initial consultation is to get your attorney acquainted with your case. This means bringing various forms of documentation that can help familiarize him or her with the circumstances surrounding your case. Some of the most important documents you should bring to your meeting are as follows:
- A written account of the sequence of events leading up to, and after, your accident.
- A copy of the police report from the accident, which will help bolster and corroborate your claim.
- The contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident, such as emails or phone numbers.
- Medical documents detailing the origin and extent of your injuries, as well as receipts detailing the cost of any medical treatment, as well as the amount of time you missed from work.
- Photos or videos of the accident as it happened.
- Your insurance information, including health insurance, and auto insurance, if, say, you were in a car accident.
- A list of any questions you may have for your attorney.
What questions will my attorney ask me in our meeting?
Your attorney will ask you several questions to learn more about your case. For example, he will ask you what the doctor’s official prognosis is, as well as how your injuries affect your daily life. Additionally, your attorney will need to know whether you had any correspondence with the other party or their insurance company. If so, ensure you keep and bring records of that correspondence with you. He will also ask whether you gave a statement about the accident to your insurance company and whether you have ever filed a personal injury claim in the past. Remember, this may seem like a lot, but it is necessary. We need to know this information so we can best fight for your rights. If you have been injured, give us a call today to schedule an initial consultation.
Contact Us For A Free Case Review
Contact our experienced New York City firm
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.