If you are someone who works in construction, you are surely aware of the dangers you face, every single day. Despite those dangers, you work hard, day in and day out, to make a living for yourself, and your family. Unfortunately, various accidents can happen on construction sites; scaffolding accidents being among the most common. Generally, these accidents have to do with negligence, and if you are someone who was injured in a scaffolding accident because of another person’s careless actions, you are most likely entitled to financial compensation. Our firm is here to help you win it. Please continue reading, and do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced New York City personal injury lawyer to learn more about how we can help you through the legal process going forward:
How do I sue for an injury sustained in a scaffolding accident?
If you are someone who was injured in a construction, there are certain things you can do at the scene of your accident that may work to your benefit later on, when the time comes to file a lawsuit. Some steps to take after a scaffolding accident are as follows:
- First, you must call the police. They will document the incident, as well as send an ambulance, which will take you to a hospital.
- While you wait, take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- Next, ask any witnesses for their contact information, a written statement, or even a recorded voice memo detailing their account of the incident.
- Once you arrive at the hospital and receive treatment, ensure your doctor provides you with medical documentation detailing the extent of your injuries, as well as all medical bills relating to your injuries.
- Hire an experienced attorney who can use the aforementioned documents and statements, uncover even more evidence, via subpoenaing security camera footage, for example, and ultimately help you win the financial compensation you deserve.
When you sue for a construction accident, keep in mind you will either be filing a workers’ compensation claim or you will sue a liable third party so you don’t have to worry about retaliation from your employer. Third parties can include defective equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, property owners, and more.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a scaffolding injury in NYC?
If you are hurt in a scaffolding accident, you should report the incident to your employer immediately. You should then speak with a competent personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for third-party claims is three years, but you’ll have far less time to file a workers’ compensation claim. We are here to help you today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 866-886-0892 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.