There are various ways in which a trucking company sometimes exercises negligence. When such a company puts risky drivers on the roads in the process, other drivers on the road are less safe. An investigation into the root causes of a truck accident sometimes uncovers likely triggers such as:
- The truck company’s failure to properly screen drivers
- The company’s failure to train drivers adequately
- The company’s failure to enforce safety regulations — for example, allowing driving hour log violations to continue without discipline and correction
- The company’s failure to inspect the truck or ensure the driver inspects it
After a truck accident has occurred and you are now coping with the aftermath, you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. If The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny represents you after a big rig crash, our attorneys will examine all possible contributing factors.
Who Is Actually Liable?
We will also take on the challenging task of discovering the various layers of liability and insured status that may apply. You may be able to bring your injury claim before multiple insurance carriers and defendants, including:
- The driver
- The dispatcher
- The trucking company’s managers
- The owner of the cab part of the truck
- The owner of the trailer part of the truck
- Any maintenance service provider
Contact A New York City Truck Accident Attorney
Our lawyers have helped injured people recover more than $100 million in total. We are prepared to give your case the same scrutiny and focus that we have done for many successful cases. To schedule a free consultation, call (646) 808-3785 or send an email.