When someone is injured on another person’s property due to no fault of their own, they often look to file premises liability claims to help recover the compensation they need to heal. Please continue reading and speak with our Bronx personal injury attorney to learn more about premises liability claims and how we can help you through every step of the process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the most common accidents that warrant premises liability claims in the Bronx?
There are various accidents that warrant premises liability claims. Some of the accident cases that our firm has handled in the past include:
- Supermarket Accidents
- Hotel Accidents
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Snow & Ice Accidents
- School Accidents
- Restaurant Accidents
- Apartment Accidents
- Elevator & Escalator Accidents
- Stairwell Accidents
What should I do after an accident on someone else’s property?
Though you may be unable to do anything other than awaiting the arrival of emergency services after being injured in an accident, if possible, you should try to do the following:
- Notify the property owner of the accident. If you were injured in a store, the manager should file a store incident report and call the police.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused you to slip & fall.
- Save any other evidence regarding your accident.
- Ensure that you receive medical care immediately.
- Hire an experienced Bronx slip and fall attorney, and ensure you do so within the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York State is, generally, three years, which means that you cannot wait any longer than three years from the date of your accident to sue the liable party for your injuries.
How do I win a premises liability claim?
As with all other personal injury claims, if you are looking to sue another individual for your injuries, you will have to prove negligence. When it comes to premises liability claims, your Bronx personal injury attorney will have to demonstrate that 1) the property owner either knew or should have reasonably known about the unsafe property conditions; 2) that the property owner neglected to fix the unsafe conditions in a timely manner; 3) that you were injured because of the unsafe conditions, and 4) that you incurred significant damages as a result.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 866-749-7815 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.