Auto accidents occur every single day here in New York City. Unfortunately, they are almost always a result of negligence. Please continue reading and reach out to our New York City personal injury lawyer to learn more about the most common causes of auto accidents and how our firm can assist you if you’ve been injured in one.
The Five Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving is now the number one cause of auto accidents in the United States. If you are someone who was injured in an accident with a motorist who was texting while driving, there is a very good chance that you will be entitled to financial compensation in a personal injury claim.
- Drowsy Driving: Driving while fatigued is something many people do on a daily basis, such as while on their way home from work. Unfortunately, this is frequently very dangerous, which is why you should strongly consider having a cup of coffee before hitting the road or otherwise refrain from driving if you are tired.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Though everyone knows that it is both illegal and unsafe to drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, many people still do so, and if you were injured as a result of a motorist who was driving while intoxicated, you should have a valid personal injury claim.
- Speeding: Speeding is also among the most common causes of auto accidents. Speed limits are in place for a reason, and when motorists violate them, serious accidents occur as a result. In fact, in most auto accidents, at least one motorist is guilty of speeding.
- Ignoring Traffic Lights & Signs: Ignoring traffic lights & signs, as well as all other rules and regulations of the road, drastically increases the chance of an auto accident occurring.
If you were injured in an auto accident, ensure that you speak with a knowledgeable New York City personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain the financial compensation you deserve in a personal injury claim. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York is three years, meaning that you should not wait any longer than three years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the liable party.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.