There are few things more frightening than being involved in an accident due to no fault of your own. Unfortunately, oftentimes, these accidents can have lasting impacts on a person when he or she is wrongly injured. If this has happened to you, you are most likely now seeking the assistance of a Queens personal injury lawyer to file a claim on your behalf. Our firm is here to help, though you should understand that the first part of the claims process is attending your initial consultation with our firm. In your consultation, we will assess your case and determine the best strategy going forward. If possible, you should take several actions to prepare for your initial consultation so we can analyze your case as effectively as possible. Please continue reading and speak with our firm to learn more.
What should I do to prepare for my initial consultation?
If you’ve been wrongly injured in an accident in New York State, there are several steps you should take to document the accident, and once you do, you should ensure that you bring the following pieces of evidence to your initial consultation with our firm, if possible:
- If you called the police to the scene of the accident, bring a copy of the police report that was filed at the time.
- Bring all witness contact information and testimony, including witnesses’ email addresses, phone numbers, and more.
- Bring a record of any communication you may have had with the negligent party or their insurance company, such as text messages, recorded phone calls, emails, or otherwise.
- A record of any correspondence that you have had with the other party and/or their insurance company.
- If you were hurt in an auto accident, bring a copy of the other driver’s insurance information, as well as pictures of any damage to your car, the other driver’s car, and any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Medical documentation/bills regarding the origin, extent, and overall cost of your injuries.
- If you were injured in a store, bring a copy of the store incident report regarding your injury.
- If you were injured due to unsafe property conditions, ensure you bring pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
Though this may seem like a lot, the better prepared you are, the more effectively we can handle your claim. For any further questions, or if you are ready to schedule your initial consultation with our firm, give us a call today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.