Schedule a FREE lawyer consultation TODAY! (212) 421-0300.
We’ll win your injury case, or it’s free.
We have over 180 5-star reviews on Google
We’ve prepared over 5,000 cases for trial.

How do I Know if I Have a Valid Premises Liability Claim?

Get Your Free
Case Evaluation

How do I Know if I Have a Valid Premises Liability Claim?

There are few things worse than stepping onto another person’s property, minding your own business, only to find that you have been seriously injured due to an unsafe condition that simply should not have been there. Unfortunately, such instances happen all the time, whether in parking lots, shopping malls, retail stores, or even at a friend’s house. Oftentimes, these instances can lead to severe, sometimes permanent injuries, and if you are someone who has been injured due to another party’s negligence, there is a very good chance that you will qualify for financial compensation via a premises liability claim. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable New York City personal injury attorney to learn more about premises liability claims and how we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Here are some of the questions you may have about the legal process ahead:

How do I sue someone in a premises liability lawsuit?

If you are someone who has been injured on another person’s property, you should try and collect as much evidence as possible at the scene of the accident. For example, you should take pictures of the unsafe conditions, take pictures of your injuries, receive medical documentation from a doctor, call the police at the time of the accident, ask any witnesses for their name and phone number, and more. If you were injured in a store, you should also notify the store manager immediately, who will file a store incident report. Finally, to win a premises liability claim, you must retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney.

How long will I have to sue someone for a premises liability claim in NYC?

Oftentimes, after an injury, people will wait to see if their injury will heal on its own. However, oftentimes, this is not the best move, as when people wait too long to sue, they may lose their right to do so. There is a statute of limitations in place in New York City that dictates the amount of time the wrongly injured have to sue the party responsible. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York State is, generally, three years, you will, generally, have three years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party responsible. Our firm is here to begin the claims process on your behalf today. All you have to do is ask.

Contact Us For A Free Case Review


Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 866-749-7815 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.


Top Ten Award 2019


Whether you need a Bronx car accident lawyer, birth injury lawyer, construction accident lawyer or legal representation for any type of accident, the NYC personal injury lawyers at The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny can help. Located in New York City, we've helped hundreds of individuals throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn (Kings County), Manhattan, Queens and Nassau County recover the compensation they need to receive proper medical care, treatment and quality of life after serious injury.


If you've been injured due to the negligence or wrong-doing of another, we can provide you and your loved ones with the legal support needed to ensure proper medical attention, long-term treatment and fair, reasonable financial compensation is received for your injury. The initial consultation is always free. For immediate assistance, call (212) 421-0300.


34 St. - Herald Sq (0.13 mi)
St. - Penn Station (0.17 mi)
34 St. - Penn Station (0.35 mi)