Parking lots are perhaps among the most mundane aspects of all of our lives. However, there are times when, due to negligent signage, careless drivers, uneven pavement, insufficient lighting, or otherwise, parking lots can become extremely dangerous. If you are someone who has recently been injured in a parking lot accident, you must read on and reach out to our experienced New York City personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the legal process ahead.
What should I do after being injured in a parking lot accident?
If you have been injured in an NYC parking lot accident, as long as you are physically capable, it is critical you document all aspects of the incident to increase your chances of winning a personal injury claim. Those steps are as follows:
- Call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene.
- If you were hit by a car or another motor vehicle, ask the driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information.
- If you were injured because of unsafe parking lot conditions, take pictures of the safety hazards before anyone has a chance to clear them away.
- Ask your doctor for medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney who can gather and present all additional evidence needed to prove your claim.
How long will I have to sue someone for an injury in New York State?
If you are someone who has been injured in an accident in New York State, you may wish to wait before suing the liable party to see if your injuries heal on their own. Unfortunately, this decision oftentimes comes back to haunt the wrongly injured, as there is a statute of limitations in place that dictates the amount of time they have to take legal action. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is, generally, three years, you will, generally, have three years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible. Do not make the mistake of waiting too long, for if you do, you will most likely lose your right to sue. Our firm is ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today–all you have to do is ask.
Contact Us For A Free Case Review
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, do not hesitate to call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.