Schedule a FREE lawyer consultation TODAY! (212) 421-0300.
We’ll win your injury case, or it’s free.
We have over 180 5-star reviews on Google
We’ve prepared over 1,000 cases for trial.

What Should I do if my Child Was Harmed at Daycare?

Contact Us

What Should I do if my Child Was Harmed at Daycare?

Daycare is more than a place where parents leave their children for the day. Daycare is a place where children grow from exposure to other children unlike any other time in their lives thus far. Children begin learning about relationships in daycare, and they start to learn about what it means to navigate through new and unprecedented circumstances.

Fortunately, these interactions are usually positive, and the few negative interactions with other children, for example, can also be positive learning experiences in the long run. However, sometimes daycare providers are negligent and fail to realize how much work and supervision children truly need in order to have a beneficial and productive day away from their parents.

If your child was injured because of a negligent daycare supervisor or employer, there is a very good chance you will be entitled to compensation to help cover the cost of any damages your child has sustained as a result. If you find yourself in this unfortunate and disturbing situation, here are some of the questions you may have regarding the legal process going forward:

How do I sue a daycare for harming my child?

To sue a negligent daycare, your attorney must prove that the daycare owed your child a duty of care, breached that duty of care via a negligent or malicious action, and that your child was seriously injured as a result. However, this is easier said than done, which is why you will need an experienced attorney who knows the ins and outs of the personal injury process. A personal injury claim of this magnitude can put a daycare out of business, so you can be sure they will not go down without a fight. This is why you must ensure you hire an attorney who is willing and able to combat their legal counsel, no matter how experienced they are.

How can I prove that my child was injured due to a daycare’s negligence?

Fortunately, there are actions you may take to prove your child’s injury claim. If you suspect your child is the victim of daycare negligence or abuse, you must take pictures of his or her injuries, take pictures of the poor safety conditions at the daycare, provide your attorney with your child’s medical documents relating to the injury, and ask any witnesses of the incident for their contact information so they may verify your claim.

Contact Us For A Free Case Review

Contact our experienced New York City firm

Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation, which can help you on your road to recovery.


Top Ten Award 2019


Whether you need a Bronx car accident lawyer, birth injury lawyer, construction accident lawyer or legal representation for any type of accident, the NYC personal injury lawyers at The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny can help. Located in New York City, we've helped hundreds of individuals throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn (Kings County), Manhattan, Queens and Nassau County recover the compensation they need to receive proper medical care, treatment and quality of life after serious injury.


If you've been injured due to the negligence or wrong-doing of another, we can provide you and your loved ones with the legal support needed to ensure proper medical attention, long-term treatment and fair, reasonable financial compensation is received for your injury. The initial consultation is always free. For immediate assistance, call (212) 421-0300.


34 St. - Herald Sq (0.13 mi)
St. - Penn Station (0.17 mi)
34 St. - Penn Station (0.35 mi)