Almost everybody drives to get from one place to another, though we never really think that today is the day we are going to get into an accident. However, car accidents in New York may be even more common than you think. If you were involved in a car accident and were injured due to another party’s negligence, there is a good chance you will be able to recover compensation.
What are the most common types of motor vehicle accidents in New York State?
- Head-on collisions: If someone is driving in the wrong lane, they may collide with another vehicle head-on. This is one of the most deadly types of accidents.
- Rollover accidents: These generally occur if someone loses control of their vehicle. You should know that the higher your vehicle’s center of gravity is, the greater the rollover potential.
- Multi-vehicle pileups: If you are driving on a road that has heavy traffic, there is greater potential for multi-vehicle pileups to occur.
- Rear-end accidents: In New York State, the rear-ending vehicle is held responsible for the accident, not the rear-ended vehicle. This is why you must always ensure you are a safe distance behind the car in front of you in case they slam on their brakes.
- Side-impact collisions: Side-impact collisions are usually due to one party neglecting traffic lights or signs.
- Taxi accidents: Nobody expects they’re going to crash when they step foot into a taxi cab. However, it happens, and if you are an injured passenger, you must contact a lawyer to discuss potential compensation.
How may hiring an attorney help me?
Attorneys have professional knowledge backed by years of legal education and can effectively deal with insurance companies, who will do whatever they can do deny you the compensation you deserve.
Is there anything I can do to help prove my claim?
If your car has a GoPro or a passenger is able to record the incident on camera, this will drastically improve your chances of proving your claim. You may also wish to exchange contact information with anyone who witnessed your accident. After the accident, it is crucial you get to a hospital and consult a medical professional immediately. You will receive the medical care you need, and you will also receive medical documents that you may use to prove your claim.
Contact our experienced New York City firm
If you or someone you know was involved in a personal injury accident and wishes to speak with a trustworthy attorney, contact The Law Office of Richard M. Kenny today.
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing the advice you need and the personalized attention you deserve. Call 212-421-0300 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a New York City personal injury lawyer.